Why You Should Listen
In this episode, you will learn about the types of problems that lead to mold and water-damaged buildings, how experts test for mold, and much more. Enjoy!
Watch The Show
Listen To The Show
Support The Show
About My Guest
My guest for this episode is John Banta. John Banta is certified by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene as a Certified Industrial Hygienist with a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health Science and over 30 years of experience in Indoor Environmental Quality. He is a specialist in microbiological problems resulting from water damage in buildings. He has conducted investigations, trained technicians, established worker safety and health programs and supervised crews in sewage, flood, and fungal remediation throughout the United States. He is the co-author of the book titled Prescriptions for a Healthy House: A Practical Guide for Architects, Builders, and Homeowners. He also authored Extreme Weather Hits Home, Protecting Your Buildings from Climate Change. His current project is a book tentatively titled “Prescriptions for a Mold Controlled House”.
- Why did John become interested in environmental contributors to illness?
- What does he look for when he walks through the front door of a home?
- What are the most common issues that lead to water-damaged buildings?
- Is humidity worth monitoring?
- How are outdoor molds different from indoor molds?
- What are the pros and cons of air sample testing and ERMI testing?
- Besides mold spores, what about mycotoxins, VOCs, and mVOCs?
- Can most homes be remediated successfully?
- Are essential oils helpful?
Connect With My Guest
Mattress Contamination Research Project
March 6, 2017
The content of this show is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any illness or medical condition. Nothing in today's discussion is meant to serve as medical advice or as information to facilitate self-treatment. As always, please discuss any potential health-related decisions with your own personal medical authority.