Why You Should Listen
In this episode, you will learn about herbal approaches for treating Lyme diease, how the environment impacts Lyme disease, and how plant medicines can be used to modulate and balance health.
Watch The Show
Listen To The Show
About My Guest
My guest for this episode is Stephen Buhner. Stephen Harrod Buhner is an Earth poet and the award-winning author of twenty books on nature, indigenous cultures, the environment, and herbal medicine. He comes from a long line of healers including Leroy Burney, Surgeon General of the United States under Eisenhower and Kennedy, and Elizabeth Lusterheide, a midwife and herbalist who worked in rural Indiana in the early nineteenth century. The greatest influence on his work, however, has been his great-grandfather C.G. Harrod who primarily used botanical medicines, also in rural Indiana, when he began his work as a physician in 1911. Stephen's work has appeared or been profiled in publications throughout North America and Europe including The New York Times, CNN, and Good Morning America. Stephen lectures throughout the United States on herbal medicine, the sacredness of plants, the intelligence of Nature, and the states of mind necessary for successful habitation of Earth. He is a tireless advocate for the reincorporation of the exploratory artist, independent scholar, amateur naturalist, and citizen scientist in American society - especially as a counterweight to the influence of corporate science and technology.
- What drew him to the field of Lyme?
- How has the environment and ecosystem impacted Lyme disease?
- What has changed with the core protocol?
- What herbs may be helpful for Bartonella, Babesia, and Mycoplasma?
- Do we need to eliminate every microbe to be well?
- Is astragalus a problem in Lyme disease?
- What toxin binders may be helpful?
- How do we modulate the immune system?
- What herbs help with mast cell activation?
- Do microbes develop resistance to plants?
- Do antimicrobial herbs impact beneficial flora?
Connect With My Guest
April 18, 2017
The content of this show is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any illness or medical condition. Nothing in today's discussion is meant to serve as medical advice or as information to facilitate self-treatment. As always, please discuss any potential health-related decisions with your own personal medical authority.