Why You Should Listen
In this episode, you will learn about the many factors involved in treating a child on the autism spectrum.
Watch The Show
Listen To The Show
Support The Show
About My Guest
My guest for this episode is Dr. Amy Derksen, ND. Dr. Amy Derksen is a Naturopathic and DAN! Physician, Fellow Medical Academy of Pediatric Special Needs and Board Certified in Integrative Pediatrics with a full scope of practice in Washington State since 2003. She did her undergraduate studies in Biochemistry, which she applies to understanding the newest research on detoxification and genetic susceptibilities. She was fortunate to do her medical post-graduate training with Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt, MD, PhD. Dr. Klinghardt has developed an amazing system of advanced kinesiology called ART (Autonomic Response Testing) which helps determine stressors to the autonomic nervous system. She is an instructor in ART for the Klinghardt Academy. She specializes in working both with Autism and chronically ill patients, including Lyme disease. She feels that the more we can understand about our kids, the more we will understand everyone's health. The autistic child is very similar to a toxic adult, they have just accumulated those toxins in a shorter amount of time.
- How does a child with autism help us to better understand how to improve the health of everyone?
- What is the connection between autism and Lyme disease?
- What are the common denominators in autism?
- What is the role of toxicity and how do you support detoxification?
- What are the primary microbial issues that may be found in autism?
- What is the role of Clostridia in autism?
- What can be done about oxalates?
- Does LDI have a role in autism treatment?
- What is the role of inflammation?
- How do you approach PANDAS/PANS?
- Does KPU play a role in autism?
- How important is the home environment?
- What role do mitochondria play in chronic illness?
- How can I get pooping?
- What is the role of genetics in autism?
Connect With My Guest
June 15, 2017
The content of this show is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any illness or medical condition. Nothing in today's discussion is meant to serve as medical advice or as information to facilitate self-treatment. As always, please discuss any potential health-related decisions with your own personal medical authority.