Why You Should Listen
In this episode, you will learn about the treatment of Lyme disease; including Lyme and co-infections, detoxification, mold, parasites, hormones, diet, and more.
Watch The Show
Listen To The Show
Support The Show
About My Guest
My guest for this episode is Dr. Nicola McFadzean Ducharme, ND. Nicola McFadzean Ducharme, ND is the founder and Medical Director of RestorMedicine. She practices holistic medicine specializing in Lyme disease, hormone balancing, autistic-spectrum disorders, pre-conception health care and digestive disorders. Dr. Nicola is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor, trained in both the United States and her native country of Australia. She received her Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine from Bastyr University in Seattle, Washington, and her Bachelor of Health Sciences (Naturopathy) from the University of New England in New South Wales, Australia. Her training included a two-year internship at the Bastyr Center for Natural Health, an internship in medical research at Columbia University as a Mountbatten Scholar, and four years at the Bastyr University Research Institute. Dr. Nicola is the Medical Advisor to the Lyme Disease Association of Australia. She is a referral doctor for Defeat Autism Now! and is an outreach physician for Great Plains Laboratory. She is a consultant for New Beginnings Nutritionals, and is on the Scientific Advisory Board for Hyperbaric Oxygen Centers, Inc. and the medical advisory board of the Institute for Integrative Medicine. She is a member of the International Lyme and Associated Disease Society (ILADS), the California Naturopathic Doctors Association (CNDA) and the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP). Dr. Nicola is a published author, with her own books – Beginners Guide to Lyme Disease, Lyme Disease in Australia, The Lyme Diet: Nutritional Strategies For Healing From Lyme Disease, Lyme Brain, as well as a chapter in Connie Strasheim’s books Insights into Lyme Disease Treatment: 13 Lyme-literate Health Care Practitioners Share Their Healing Strategies and New Paradigms in Lyme Disease Treatment: 10 Top Doctors Reveal Healing Strategies That Work.
- What three things have the most negative impact on a patient's health?
- What three treatment options are current favorites?
- What makes Lyme disease so complicated to treat?
- What labs tests are helpful for Lyme and coinfections?
- Are antibiotics needed to recover from Lyme disease?
- How is antimicrobial therapy approached?
- What tools can be helpful for supporting detoxification?
- What is the role of biofilms?
- How are pain, inflammation, fatigue, cognitive issues, and sleep approached?
- Can HBOT, ozone, of frequency therapy be helpful?
- What is the role of hormone balancing in the treatment of Lyme disease?
- How is gut health optimized?
- What is the role of diet and nutrition?
- Does environmental exposure to mold impact Lyme treatment outcomes?
- What is the role of mental/emotional health in Lyme recovery?
Connect With My Guest
October 21, 2017
BetterHealthGuy.com is an affiliate of Lyme-Ed.
The content of this show is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any illness or medical condition. Nothing in today's discussion is meant to serve as medical advice or as information to facilitate self-treatment. As always, please discuss any potential health-related decisions with your own personal medical authority.