Why You Should Listen
In this episode, you will learn about inflammation, its effects on the brain, and its role in chronic health challenges such as Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS).
Watch The Show
Listen To The Show
Support The Show
About My Guest
My guest for this episode is Dr. Mary Ackerley, MD. Mary Beth Ackerley MD, MD(H), ABIHM is a classically trained board-certified psychiatrist. She graduated summa cum laude from Harvard University, studied at NIMH (National Institute of Mental Health) and finished her residency in psychiatry at Johns Hopkins. Currently she is an integrative holistic physician who specializes in natural treatments. Patients commonly come to her with conditions of anxiety, depression and chronic fatigue. Her treatment protocol for biotoxin illness combines a variety of methods including conventional and integrative medicine. Her expertise includes differential diagnosis from brain MRI analysis in conjunction with Neuro Quant software. She has also uncovered a statistically significant relationship between methyl resistant nasal pathogens in relation to hidden dental infections known as cavitations. This discovery is linked to neuro-inflammation with psychiatric implications and has led to greater improvement in diagnosis and treatment. Currently she is researching the affects from biotoxin illness on oxygen absorption and metabolism. The malabsorption of oxygen leads to severe physical debilitation and exhaustion with an inability to accomplish simple daily tasks. Her internet article entitled “Brain on Fire” is widely acknowledged as a pre-eminent summation encapsulating the psychiatric implications from acquiring biotoxin illness. Her private practice, called My Passion 4 Health, is located in Tucson Arizona. Often she is contacted from around the world consulting through Skype about complex cases.
- What is the role of inflammation in depression and anxiety?
- Is neurotransmitter testing helpful?
- What is the role of cytokines in inflammation?
- What is quinolinic acid and how does it impact our health?
- Does autoimmunity play a role in inflammation in those with chronic infections?
- What is the value of the ERMI in exploring mold in an environment?
- What is the latest on dental reservoirs of MARCoNS and their impact in trying to clear these organisms from the sinuses?
- What is the role of VIP and do patients generally tolerate it?
- Is there a place for urinary mycotoxin testing in the practice of treating those with illness resulting from water-damaged buildings?
- Do environmental molds colonize the body?
Connect With My Guest
November 3, 2017
The content of this show is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any illness or medical condition. Nothing in today's discussion is meant to serve as medical advice or as information to facilitate self-treatment. As always, please discuss any potential health-related decisions with your own personal medical authority.