Why You Should Listen
In this episode, you will learn about genetically-modified foods, glyphosate, and "What's Making Our Children Sick?".
Watch The Show
Listen To The Show
Support The Show
About My Guest
My guest for this episode is Dr. Michelle Perro. Dr. Michelle Perro, MD is a veteran pediatrician with over thirty-five years of experience in acute and integrative medicine. She is a practitioner, researcher, educator, lecturer, and most recently author. Her career began in Pediatric Emergency Medicine winding its way into homeopathic and functional medicine over the years. More than ten years ago, Dr. Perro transformed her clinical practice to include pesticide and health advocacy. She has both directed and worked as attending physician from New York’s Metropolitan Hospital to UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland. Dr. Perro has managed her own business, Down to Earth Pediatrics. She is currently lecturing and consulting as well as working with Gordon Medical Associates, an integrative health center in Northern California. Her most recent project was the release of her new book "What's Making Our Children Sick? How Industrial Food Is Causing an Epidemic of Chronic Illness, and What Parents (and Doctors) Can Do About It" which was released in late 2017.
- Are the chronic, complex health conditions in children the result in better diagnostics or a true epidemic?
- What factors have led to the chronic health challenges children experience today?
- What role do genetically-modified (GM) foods and pesticides play in chronic illness?
- What role does pesticide exposure play in neuro-developmental conditions and autism?
- How does glyphosate impact human health?
- How can we detoxify the body from the effects of glyphosate?
- What are some of the bigger food insults on health?
- What would a "Dr. Perro-approved" diet consist of?
- What role do food sensitivities play and how can these be tested?
- What can be done to improve the health of the microbiome?
Connect With My Guest
Amazon: What's Making Our Children Sick?: How Industrial Food Is Causing an Epidemic of Chronic Illness, and What Parents (and Doctors) Can Do About It
Publisher: What's Making Our Children Sick?: How Industrial Food Is Causing an Epidemic of Chronic Illness, and What Parents (and Doctors) Can Do About It
February 12, 2018
The content of this show is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any illness or medical condition. Nothing in today's discussion is meant to serve as medical advice or as information to facilitate self-treatment. As always, please discuss any potential health-related decisions with your own personal medical authority.