Why You Should Listen
In this episode, you will learn about Mackay Rippey's personal journey through Lyme disease, what he has learned from almost 200 Lyme Ninja Radio podcasts, and how he approaches working with his own clients in his acupuncture practice.
Watch The Show
Listen To The Show
About My Guest
My guest for this episode is Mackay Rippey. Mackay Rippey LAc is an acupuncturist practicing in New York for over 25 years. He graduated from St. Mary’s College of Maryland with a BA in English Literature in 1986. He later studied acupuncture at the Maryland Institute of Integrative Health. His interest in acupuncture was inspired by his father, and he was the youngest person in his class. He was one of the first people in the United States to earn a Masters degree in acupuncture. He studied Five-Element Acupuncture; a traditional form of acupuncture based on the oral tradition founded by JR Worsley. He specializes in chronic Lyme disease and works with clients with chronic pain, anxiety, panic attacks, and other complex chronic conditions. He is the host of the popular podcast Lyme Ninja Radio which is quickly approaching its 200th episode with some of the thought leaders in the realm of Lyme disease and brings free content to thousands of listeners. Lyme Ninja Radio is the creator of the free Lyme Symptom tracker tool which provides an easy way to track your Lyme symptoms.
- What was Mackay's personal journey with Lyme disease?
- What are some of his favorite herbal approaches for treating Lyme disease?
- How might light therapy be helpful in improving health?
- What role does diet and nutrition play in recovering from Lyme?
- How might healthy fats and a ketogenic diet be beneficial?
- What are some of the key things that people with Lyme are trying to figure out?
- What are the top priorities to consider in recovering from Lyme?
- What is the difference between how a doctor or researcher looks at Lyme as compared to a patient?
- What is the role of genetics and epigenetics in health challenges?
- What takeaways came from the top 10 Lyme Ninja Radio shows?
- What is the Lyme Symptom Tracker?
Connect With My Guest
March 27, 2018
The content of this show is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any illness or medical condition. Nothing in today's discussion is meant to serve as medical advice or as information to facilitate self-treatment. As always, please discuss any potential health-related decisions with your own personal medical authority.