Why You Should Listen
In this episode, you will learn about Bau Biologie, or Building Biology, and how to evaluate and improve the health of the external environment in order to improve overall health.
Watch The Show
Listen To The Show
About My Guest
My guest for this episode is May Dooley. May Dooley, MS, MA, CMC (Council-certified Microbial Consultant) is a former middle school science teacher who loves to educate and empower people with information to improve their environment - and thus, their lives. She has been an environmental consultant for more than 24 years helping people make their home environment healthier. She leads her clients through the basic steps to assess and create a healthy home which includes air quality, water quality, and reduced exposure to other stressors that may impact health such as electromagnetic fields. Her inspections are interactive, and her clients learn how to measure EMFs, reduce body voltage in their bed, use a laser particle counter to evaluate their vacuum cleaner, and to take samples to explore for mold. She even brings along her microscope and looks at the samples in your home. Once she has evaluated an environment using the principles of Bau Biologie, she provides an easy-to-understand series of steps to improve the environment.
- Why might culture plate air sampling be a better option than spore trap testing?
- What are the pros and cons of the ERMI?
- What is the CAP ERMI?
- What role do microbial VOCs play in the health of an environment?
- How often can mold issues be remediated?
- How is a microscope helpful in exploring the potential for mold?
- When moving to a new environment, what testing should be done to validate the environment is safe?
- What belongings can be brought from a moldy environment to a new environment?
- What can be used to address small amounts of visible mold?
- What vacuum cleaners are ideal?
- What are the 5 different types of EMFs and their sources?
- What is body voltage and how is it measured?
- What is grounding and how should it be done?
- Why should the bed have no metal materials?
- What light bulbs might be best?
Connect With My Guest
Augusts 23, 2018
The content of this show is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any illness or medical condition. Nothing in today's discussion is meant to serve as medical advice or as information to facilitate self-treatment. As always, please discuss any potential health-related decisions with your own personal medical authority.