Why You Should Listen
In this episode, you will learn about PANS, PANDAS, and related developmental disorders.
Watch The Show
Listen To The Show
About My Guest
My guest for this episode is Maria Rickert Hong. Maria Rickert Hong, CHHC, AADP is a former Wall Street sell-side equity research analyst who is now a Certified Holistic Health Counselor. She is the author of the bestselling book, “Almost Autism: Recovering Children from Sensory Processing Disorder, A Reference for Parents and Practitioners” and the co-author of “Brain Under Attack: A Resource for Parents and Caregivers of Children with PANS, PANDAS, and Autoimmune Encephalitis”. As a health coach, she helps parents make diet and lifestyle changes to recover their children from symptoms of Sensory Processing Disorder, autism, PDD-NOS and ADHD. She has recovered her two boys from SPD, asthma, and acid reflux. Maria is a board member, Media Director, and blogger for Epidemic Answers, a 501(c)3 non-profit that lets parents know that recovery is possible and is the sponsoring non-profit of "The Documenting Hope Project". Maria is also a board member of Parents as Partners.
- What is the difference between PANDAS and PANS?
- When does PANS generally present?
- What are the symptoms of PANS?
- What is the role of inflammation in PANS?
- Do PANS and autism overlap?
- What leads to a blood-brain barrier breach in PANS?
- What is the role of EMFs in PANS?
- What role do glutamate, phenolics, and salicylates play in PANS?
- What are some of the triggers for PANS?
- Does mold exposure play a role in PANS?
- What tests are done to explore the potential for PANS?
- What is the Epidemic Answers Four Step Healing plan?
- Why is detoxification and drainage key in PANS recovery?
Connect With My Guest
January 4, 2019
The content of this show is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any illness or medical condition. Nothing in today's discussion is meant to serve as medical advice or as information to facilitate self-treatment. As always, please discuss any potential health-related decisions with your own personal medical authority.