Why You Should Listen
In this episode, you will learn about Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and steps that may lead to its resolution.
Watch The Show
Listen To The Show
Support The Show
About My Guest
My guest for this episode is Dr. Raj Patel. Raj Patel. MD received his Master’s degree in Physiology from Rutgers University and his medical degree from Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Jersey. Dr. Patel is trained to work with people of all ages with his education in Family Medicine. He has extensive experience with various natural therapies including nutritional medicine, homeopathy, herbs, and mind-body medicine. Integrating these diverse therapies with allopathic or Western medicine has enabled Dr. Patel to offer a highly refined approach to healthcare that produces lasting results. Over the years, Dr. Patel has specialized in treating patients with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), Lyme and tick-borne diseases, and mold illness (or “Sick Building Syndrome”) from exposure to water-damaged buildings. While these conditions seem separate and unrelated, they share many common underlying characteristics and frequently coexist. Dr. Patel’s interest in Lyme disease started in 2004 when he was diagnosed with it after having suffered from numerous seemingly unrelated symptoms for several years. Having successfully gone through his own journey with chronic Lyme disease utilizing a variety of treatment modalities, Dr. Patel has been able to refine his approach to treating chronic Lyme sufferers with incredible success. Dr. Patel is an active member of the International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS). He has also completed advanced training in pediatric Lyme disease and is a frequent speaker at Lyme conferences. Dr. Patel deeply explores the impact of exposure to mold from water-damaged buildings and finds this is key to recovering many of his patients dealing with chronic Lyme disease. Today, Dr. Patel, as the founder of Medical Options for Wellness, sees primarily severe chronically ill patients who have not been able to recover in spite of working with numerous other doctors.
- What is MCAS?
- What are the symptoms of MCAS?
- How is treatment of MCAS approached?
- What are the key triggers of MCAS?
- What are the symptoms of EMF sensitivity?
- What role does EMF exposure play in MCAS and in chronic illness in general?
- How important is rewiring the limbic system in MCAS?
- What role does mold illness play in MCAS?
- Why is the microbial support focus later in the overall approach?
- How might the immune response to normal flora be a trigger for MCAS?
- How can vaccine residues be a contributor to MCAS in some patients?
Connect With My Guest
- Treatment of MCAS (including food list)
- Tips on How to Implement a Low Histamine Diet
- Generation Zapped
- Earthing: Health Implications of Reconnecting the Human Body to the Earth's Surface Electrons
June 11, 2019
The content of this show is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any illness or medical condition. Nothing in today's discussion is meant to serve as medical advice or as information to facilitate self-treatment. As always, please discuss any potential health-related decisions with your own personal medical authority.