There are a number of great organizations that stand behind all of us dealing with Lyme disease. These advocacy groups are making such a difference information about Lyme out to now only patients but to the public and important decision makers in our society. Without them, this journey would be much more difficult than it already is. These organizations are here to support us, and they would certainly benefit from our support, if able, as well.
Some of the advocacy organizations that I am most aware of include (in alphabetical order):
- Bay Area Lyme Foundation (focus is on diagnostics and research)
- International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS)
- LymeDisease.org (formerly CALDA)
- LymeDiseaseAssociation.org (LDA)
- LymeLightFoundation.org (focus on awareness and treatment grants for children and young adults)
- Tick-Borne Disease Alliance (TBDA)
I personally thank you in advance for your support of these organizations as they make a huge difference in the lives of those recovering from Lyme disease and related conditions.