Episode #4: Restoring Your Health from Lyme Disease with Dr. Bill Rawls, MD
- Last Updated: 14 March 2017 14 March 2017
Why You Should Listen
In this episode, you will learn about restoring your health from Lyme disease with herbal therapies with Dr. Bill Rawls, MD. As an MD himself, Dr. Rawls has a unique perspective on treating chronic illness and shares how he recovered his own health from the clutches of Lyme disease. Enjoy!
Watch The Show
Listen To The Show
About My Guest
My guest for this episode is Dr. Bill Rawls, MD. Dr. Rawls was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in his mid-forties and developed insomnia, fatigue, joint pain, muscle pain, and eventually chest pain and heartbeat irregularities. As a doctor, he searched far and wide within the conventional medicine realm, but nothing added up. He then began searching outside of conventional medicine and towards health restoration. He became vigilant about his diet, adopted a moderate exercise program, meditated, and learned yoga. He also began to experiment with herbal supplements known to have restorative properties. This approach worked and he began to get his health back...until he was bitten by a tick and developed Lyme disease. He then learned about herbal protocols for combating Lyme disease and began to feel human again after a few months of using high-dose herbs. He has continued his exploration and is doing very well today. Dr. Rawls will be sharing his journey in detail in his new book Unlocking Lyme.
- How did Lyme disease first impact Dr. Rawls?
- How do we get exposed to Lyme?
- Why is Lyme such a big problem today?
- What are system disruptors and how do we mitigate them?
- How did Stephen Buhner's work influence Dr. Rawls?
- Is Borrelia here to make us deathly ill?
- Can we get rid of every last microbe? Do we need to?
- What is the virulence pyramid?
- What herbs are helpful in Lyme treatment?
- Are antibiotics needed in treating Lyme?
- How do you address fatigue, brain fog, low energy, and inflammation?
- What is the right diet for someone with Lyme?
- What is the role of mold in those with Lyme disease?
Connect With My Guest
January 20, 2017
Vital Plan is an affiliate of BetterHealthGuy.com.
The content of this show is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any illness or medical condition. Nothing in today's discussion is meant to serve as medical advice or as information to facilitate self-treatment. As always, please discuss any potential health-related decisions with your own personal medical authority.
Was this helpful? If you found this information helpful, I would very much appreciate your support in keeping the site going. If you would like to donate to my work, I thank you in advance and send you my gratitude.
BetterHealthGuy.com is intended to share my personal experience in recovering from my own chronic illness. Information presented is based on my journey working with my doctors and other practitioners as well as things I have learned from conferences and other helpful resources. As always, any medical decisions should be made only with the guidance of your own personal medical authority. Everyone is unique and what may be right for me may not be right for others.