Why You Should Listen
In this episode, you will learn about some of the considerations in preparing for pregnancy and optimizing outcomes for healthy pregnancies in those with Lyme disease.
Watch The Show
Listen To The Show
About My Guest
My guest for this episode is Dr. Ann Corson, MD. Dr. Ann Corson grew up in Southeastern Pennsylvania and obtained her MD degree from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine in Philadelphia, PA in 1982. Dr. Corson has residency training in Internal Medicine, Neurology, and Family Medicine. She has been Board Certified in the practice of Family Medicine since 1993. In 2005, she began studying and practicing Integrative Medicine and was Board Certified in Integrative Holistic Medicine in 2011. Dr. Corson has been a member of the International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS) since 2003. She has studied with Dr. Joe Burrascano and Dr. Charles Ray Jones. Her practice in Chester County, PA is devoted full time to the treatment of patients suffering from Lyme and associated tick-borne diseases. Dr. Corson is not an obstetrician, but works closely with her patient’s obstetrician as a board-certified family medicine and board certified integrative holistic medicine doctor to support her patients. She has a wealth of knowledge and experience in treating tick-borne illness and is passionate about finding solutions for her patients.
- What drew Dr. Corson into working with Lyme disease?
- What steps should one take to maximize the chances of a healthy pregnancy when dealing with Lyme?
- How important is detoxification prior to conception? Is detoxification appropriate during a pregnancy?
- What factors are involved in miscarriage and are miscarriages more common in those with Lyme than the general population?
- Should one be treated for Lyme and related infections while pregnant?
- Is breast-feeding beneficial even if the mom has Lyme disease?
- What is the role of Hashimoto's or thyroid disease on a pregnancy?
- What is the role of hypercoagulation in pregnancy?
- Does mold impact a pregnancy?
- What infections may be transmitted from mother to child during pregnancy and how can the potential for transmission be minimized?
- What lab testing is done on the newborn to look for Lyme-related microbes?
- Is there an association between Lyme and autism spectrum disorders?
Connect With My Guest
October 9, 2017
The content of this show is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any illness or medical condition. Nothing in today's discussion is meant to serve as medical advice or as information to facilitate self-treatment. As always, please discuss any potential health-related decisions with your own personal medical authority.