Why You Should Listen
In this episode, you will learn about autoimmune conditions and how to "Beat Autoimmune".
Watch The Show
Listen To The Show
Support The Show
About My Guest
My guest for this episode is Palmer Kippola. Palmer Kippola is an author, speaker, and Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC) who specializes in helping people reverse and prevent autoimmune conditions. She developed a framework called F.I.G.H.T.S. to help people beat autoimmune conditions based on her 26-year battle to overcome Multiple sclerosis. Her new book “Beat Autoimmune: The 6 Keys to Reverse Your Condition and Reclaim Your Health” with a foreword by Mark Hyman, MD was just released. In it she shares empowering science, inspiring stories, and evidence-based strategies you can use right away. Palmer has done coursework with the Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM), the HeartMath® Institute, and the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy. In addition, she has studied under leading experts in nutrition, holistic health, energy, and Functional Medicine. She founded Transcend Autoimmune, a growing online community of people proactively seeking to reverse or prevent autoimmune conditions naturally.
- Why is the immune system attacking "self" in autoimmunity?
- What are the drivers of complex autoimmune conditions?
- What is the body burden bucket and how are symptoms the result of an overflowing bucket?
- How are epigenetic more important than genetics in health optimization?
- What foods are supportive of healing?
- What are the best sources of essential fatty acids?
- What is the role of infections in autoimmune conditions?
- Should the focus be in killing the bug or on creating immune tolerance?
- What tools can be helpful in supporting the microbiome and reducing intestinal hyperpermeability?
- Should hormones be supported early on in a protocol?
- What is the role of environmental toxins in autoimmunity?
- What tools can be used to lower the body burden of toxicity?
- How can stress be mitigated in support of health improvement?
- Is there a bigger message to be explored in autoimmune conditions?
Connect With My Guest
May 8, 2019
The content of this show is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any illness or medical condition. Nothing in today's discussion is meant to serve as medical advice or as information to facilitate self-treatment. As always, please discuss any potential health-related decisions with your own personal medical authority.